What’s the position?
TypeZero is seeking a User Interface Engineer. This is a full-time job located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and offers benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Who are we?
TypeZero Technologies is a digital health and personalized medicine startup dedicated to revolutionizing the treatment and management of diabetes. At TypeZero, we use advanced data science techniques, statistical analysis, proven metabolic models, and modern engineering practices to develop customized analytics tools and blood glucose control solutions to help persons with diabetes improve their health and lives. TypeZero’s current products include a smartphone-based Artificial Pancreas system, therapy optimization tools for healthcare providers, and advisory applications for smart insulin pens.
What’s the role?
We are seeking a well rounded candidate for the role of User Interface Engineer. This position will be responsible for the creation and integration of user interfaces for web and mobile applications. Working closely with our team, you will use an Agile methodology for projects ranging from prototypes to polished FDA-compliant systems. As a key team member you will help shape our company in the coming years. TypeZero offers full benefits, competitive salaries commensurate with experience, company options, a flexible work environment, and an opportunity to solve one of today’s most challenging medical problems.
We like to have fun while tackling important problems, and being able to collaborate with others and work under tight timelines – all with a sense of humor – is a must. We’re a growing company that is developing its culture as we go. If you think you’re a fit, we’d love for you to join us
Who are you?
You are an individual who desires to do exceptional work while building your talents. You want a career that makes a difference. You are able to take constructive criticism and make revisions in your work quickly, while also confident in your skills to deliver the same to your colleagues. You enjoy the fast paced startup environment that comes with the ability to pivot quickly while making sure you and your team have a fun and productive workplace. You stay up-to-date with the constantly changing landscapes in technology, business, and medicine. You ideally have a knowledge of or connection to diabetes or chronic illness, and you appreciate the impact that TypeZero’s work will have on the quality of life for persons with diabetes.
Qualifications and Background:
BS, or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience. Your experience can be varied, but should include 3 years of professional experience showing increasing responsibility and leadership with at least 2 years in a non-academic environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of good software development practices, patterns, and architecture, including unit and integration testing
- Experience building innovative products in a fast paced agile environment
- Understand and utilize Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practice
- Write clean, elegant, readable, testable, and well-documented code
- Ability to learn new programming languages and platform technologies quickly
- Provide technical leadership and display a passion for UI development with interest growing into new areas (i.e., Clojure, Data Science, Big Data)
- Provide mentorship as needed, building the knowledge of the team
- 2 + years of experience with administration of web applications (Docker, AWS suite)
- 2 + years of mobile and web security solutions
- 2 + years of mobile development (Java/Android, iOS preferred but not required)
- 2 + years of web development (Python/Django – preferred but not required, RESTful APIs)
- Familiarity with medical device development and FDA software verification and validation or other forms of regulated software development frameworks.
- Understanding of human factors and patient centered devices
- Experience building apps and web platforms
- Relational database design and query languages
- Exposure to assisted code review tools or static analysis
- Exposure to privacy and security standards
- Mastered several programming languages and ideally has some experience in Python
- Experience in a professional software environment
TypeZero is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, a vibrant and family-friendly town at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Charlottesville has been featured as one of the best places to live and visit in the US by companies like Forbes, Travel + Leisure, Kiplinger, and Yahoo. Home to the University of Virginia, Charlottesville is a burgeoning startup environment in the healthcare and biotechnology industries.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV or résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com.